New in Podium Browser (inc. in Podium v2.6).
New Podium Browser uploads include additional potted plants, new sofas and loveseats, interior ceiling and floor light fixtures, and two classic automobiles. Check out just some of the latest Podium Browser uploads available to users. Podium Browser contains thousands of render ready models and materials for SketchUp. Find the furniture, lights, appliances, decorations, plants, and materials you need to quickly bring your SketchUp models to life. For users who are interested in upgrading to the latest version of Podium, Podium Browser is now fully included with a Podium V2.6 license.
New in Podium Browser
Podium Browser Floor Lamps
Podium Browser Suspended Ceiling Lights
Podium Browser Vehicles
Podium Browser Sofas
Podium Browser Loveseats
Podium Browser Indoor potted plants
Podium Browser Metrie crown moulding, baseboard, architrave, and casing profiles
Cadalog have also added four sets of Metrie finishing profiles so that you can easily add moulding and casing details to your interior designs. Simply move the profile shape into position, then push/pull to extend to the required length.
SU Podium Browser is now fully included with a V2.6 license. Podium Browser is a growing library of over 20,000 render ready components that can be dropped into a SketchUp model and rendered without any additional setup. SU Podium v2.6 [Perpetual] now compatible with SketchUp 2017 – 2020.
What is SU Podium?
SU Podium V2.6 is a photorealistic rendering plug-in for SketchUp. Podium is easy to learn, generating beautiful, photorealistic rendering of your SketchUp models.
SU Podium V2.6 employs advanced rendering technology but sticks to it’s original intention: To make photo-realistic rendering for SketchUp an easy and rewarding task. The user interface is simply and does not require advanced knowledge of rendering techniques.
- Raytracing and Global Illumination: SU Podium uses a photon mapping algorithm that provides accurate raytracing and global illumination that yields beautiful, photo-realistic images. Although the user does not have to be aware of what technology is being used, it’s important to note that you can obtain high quality images with realistic reflection and lighting, quickly.
- Multi-Threading: SU Podium uses multi-threading to take advantage of all your CPU cores and threads. Podium is not a hybrid render-engine; for a GPU based solution, we offer ProWalker GPU powered by NVIDIA Iray.
- Cross-platform accessibility: SU Podium V2.6 supports Windows or Mac operating systems, with support for SketchUp 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. Earlier SketchUp version users will need to install SU Podium V2.5, which is backward compatible to SketchUp 2014.
- Podium Browser is automatically installed with SU Podium and provides thousands of furniture items, light fixtures, high resolution textures, plants, trees, vehicles, and household components to use in your SKetchUp scenes.
- Everything in the library is pre-configured with Podium material properties to that the items can be used in your designs without any additional setup time. The library includes dozens of furniture assemblies so that you can populate and visualise interior spaces faster than ever before, and of course everything is fully customisable so that you can modify anything to suit your specific needs.
We have also recently moved to SUPodium for rendering. We produce renders for some of our design work to help client visualisation and to help sell the proposition. We are by no means experts at this, and so the attraction of SUPodium over our previous render engine is that it makes a “passable” image possible without a massive investment in time. I also like the fact that version 2.6 now ships with their extensive object and material library – Mark Woodman, Director, Solutions4Gardens
If you would like a demo of Podium and how Podium Browser works, or have any other questions about the suitability and use of Podium for your work just email the team who will be happy to schedule a demo and advise.