Rhino v6 Student Perpetual – Fully commercial software for students!
- The same features as the commercial version.
- No watermark or other limitation.
- Does not expire.
- No additional maintenance or support fees.
- Can be used for commercial activities.
- Upgradeable at educational prices if the owner still qualifies for educational prices.
- Upgradeable at commercial prices if the owner no longer qualifies for educational prices.
Special features include:
- Uninhibited free-form 3D modelling tools like those found only in products costing 20 to 50 times more. Model any shape you can imagine.
- Accuracy needed to design, prototype, engineer, analyse, and manufacture anything from an airplane to jewellery.
- Compatibility with all your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis, rendering, animation, and illustration software.
- Read and repair meshes and extremely challenging IGES files.
- Accessible. So easy to learn and use that you can focus on design and visualisation without being distracted by the software.
- Fast, even on an ordinary laptop computer. No special hardware is needed.
- Development platform for hundreds of specialty 3D products.
- Affordable. Ordinary hardware. Short learning curve. Affordable purchase price. No maintenance fees.
What’s new in Rhino 6?
Grasshopper: The long beta period is over: Grasshopper, the world’s most beautiful programming language, is now a full-fledged part of Rhino. Used in some of the most ambitious design projects of the past decade, Grasshopper, like Rhino, has become a robust development platform. Grasshopper provides the solid foundation for many incredible third-party components ranging from environmental analysis to robotic control.
Presentation: Presentation is key: during nearly every phase of design, you need to communicate, getting “buy-in” from clients, customers, collaborators, or the public at large. We’ve improved Rhino with the aim of helping you present your work: be it “quick and dirty” or “high-res glossy.” With major changes to Rendering, Materials, or just plain capturing the viewport, it’s now easier and faster to present, discuss, make decisions, and iterate.
Display: Rhino’s new display pipeline is faster, more stable, and uses features found on modern graphics hardware, like GPU sensitive shaders and memory optimisations. This results in fewer GPU-specific display glitches and more consistent, beautiful, and frequent frames, even with large models. In some conditions, display speed can be up to 300% faster.
Documentation: Modelling is just one part of the design process; you also need to show how to build what is on the screen. We’ve refined many parts of the documentation workflow, from a completely reworked annotation-style interface, to better DWG support, and RichText throughout.
Licensing & Administration: Mcneel have worked hard to make Rhino easier to install, license, and configure. There’s a great new option to license Rhino using the Cloud Zoo. Please check out the new System Requirements as well.
Make2D: Make2D has been completely rewritten to provide faster, better, cleaner, more customisable results.
Rhino Refinements: Small quirks add up to painful paper cuts over the course of a prolonged modelling session. In Rhino 6, we’ve fixed hundreds of minor bugs and consolidated disparate – but similar – features into single commands, making Rhino much more refined.